Join the Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Landlords
The Tenancy Deposit Scheme is a multi-award winning online service, and the only not for profict tenancy deposit protection scheme.
- TDS is free to join
- TDS is fast, easy, and online
- TDS lets you hold the deposit during the tenancy
How do I use TDS for Landlords?
Protecting tenancy deposits with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme is simple:
1. Join: Join TDS for Landlords online. Simply enter your name and details to create your account.
2. Register deposit: Login, click 'Register a Deposit', and enter details of tenants, tenancy, and deposit.
3. Protect: Pay a one off fee by credit or debit card. The deposit is now protected! You hold the deposit during the tenancy and it is protected by our insurance.
4. Serve Prescribed Information: We will email you the Prescribed Information documents. Complete the form and send to your tenants with the TDS information leaflet and deposit protection certificate.
How much does it cost?
As an insurance backed scheme, you hold the deposit and there is a one off fee at the start of the tenancy. This protects the deposit for the life of the fixed term tenancy and the subsequent statutory periodic tenancy if it continues on the same terms.
Price per tenancy, including VAT
DepositGuard RLA or LLAS
Are you a member of the RLA or LLAS?
If so you can use our DepositGuard service to protect your deposits at a reduced rate.
Click here to protect deposits with DepositGuard.
Requirements of membership
Before joining TDS as a landlord, please check you meet the following criteria:
- You are the owner of the property of the deposit you wish to protect
- You are named as the landlord on the relevant Assured Shorthold Tenancy
- You are protecting no more than £25,000 of tenants’ deposits at any one time
- If registering as a limited company, it is domiciled in the UK and meets the three points above
Do you hold over £100,000 of tenancy deposits?
If you have a large property portfolio you can gain Corporate Landlord Membership. You should meet two of the three following criteria:
- Properties are owned by a company and not an individual
- Value of deposits held is over £100,000
- Total assets exceed £25,000,000
For an individual quote please complete and return this application form to email@example.com.