Careers at The Dispute Service Ltd.
Marketing & Communications Officer
Chair – SafeDeposits Scotland Trust
Marketing & Communications Officer
We are The Dispute Service and we safeguard tenants’ deposits throughout the United Kingdom, offering a free dispute resolution mechanism in the event of dispute over its return. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hardworking person with exceptional marketing skills to join our expanding team.
This post requires an individual who can act on their own initiative. You’ll be putting to good use your suitably relevant degree, and practical media experience to convey useful information to our customers through a wide range of platforms. You will be responsible for managing key relationships with industry journalists and partner organisations with whom we work.
You will be devising the communications and marketing strategy as well as delivering it, so you will need to organise your time well and prioritise your workload. Experience in writing marketing and communications plan in a prior role is essential. You will need to quickly grasp our unique industry in order publish innovative content to customers and you will take the lead on writing guidance documents to inform our users about the work we do. Using intelligence from our customer contact centre to enhance the customer experience in all aspects of the service we provide is an integral part of your role, as is reporting on customer satisfaction.
No job description can cover every issue that might arise and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, broadly consistent with those listed below.
Raising the media profile of TDS, TDS Northern Ireland and the TDS Charitable Foundation
- Build strong relationships with national, regional and trade media with the aim of securing positive coverage of the organisation via press releases, feature and trade articles.
- Liaise with trade press and media, and issue creative and informative media content as part of the marketing and communications plan.
- Analyse, interpret and report on media coverage.
Leading on marketing and advertising of TDS and TDS Northern Ireland
- Ensuring we have outstanding printed and online marketing and advertising material
- Lead on the marketing strategy and planning, but also the evaluation of projects and events.
- Write innovative content for campaign materials.
Develop outstanding customer and industry communications
- Write and publish the monthly members’ newsletter.
- Ensure our customer guidance documents are current, relevant and interesting and presented in a punchy easy to read format.
- Oversee our website content to ensure regular innovative content is added and maintained and the various websites are search engine optimised and regularly monitored through Google analytics, in liaison with the IT Service Deliver Manager.
- Keep abreast of relevant news that will affect our customers by monitoring a range of media outlets.
- Be proactive in development new ideas for communicating with our customers, to strengthen our wish to be the voice of authority when it comes to deposit protection.
- Keep up to date with current issues and public opinion which may havbe an impact on the organisation.
- Lead on other projects as requested by the Director of Customer Relations.
- Carry out the role in a manner which will deliver high levels of customer satisfaction for the company;
- Contribute towards TDS retaining its Customer Service Excellence accreditation;
- Implement TDS’ Equal Opportunities Policy, ensuring that all policies and procedures are carried out in accordance with good equal opportunities practice.
The appointed candidate will have:
- Worked in a communications field or similar for a minimum of two years;
- A degree relevant to the post;
- demonstrable experience of writing marketing plans;
- demonstrable experience and examples of delivering effective communications strategies and marketing campaigns;
- Marketing, PR and communications experience across a range of channels;
- Extensive experience of social media;
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to produce innovative content independently;
- A good knowledge of Google analytics and adword usage;
- A sound knowledge of Content Management Systems;
- Exceptional communications skills, both verbally and written;
- An interest in housing matters.
- The appointed candidate will ideally have experience of:
- designing marketing materials and leaflets
- html coding
- relevant professional qualification (such as CIPR)
- the private rental sector
- Working in an SME
Required behaviour and attitude
Applicants must be able to:
- demonstrate an affinity for excellent Customer Service;
- handle a range of different tasks simultaneously and prioritise a heavy workload;
- demonstrate common sense and good judgement;
- have a flexible attitude to work;
- work unsupervised;
- identify with the aims and objectives of TDS;
- demonstrate behaviour types in accordance with The Dispute Service’s behaviour and attitude requirements (The 8 C’s):
- really care about our customers;
- are curious about the work we do;
- embrace change positively;
- always co-operate with colleagues;
- seek to cultivate success within you team;
- ensure you challenge the status quo;
- are committed to excellence in all that we do;
- help create a great place to work.
Our hours of operation are 8am to 6pm, and you will be expected to work 9am to 5:30pm. At busy times, or where the role requires it, you will be expected to work at the role requires without further remuneration.
In return we will be able to provide a competitive salary, a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days and a great place to work from at our new office in Hemel Hempstead.
How to apply
If you think you are suitable for the role, please:
- Set out why and how in a suitability statement, comprising no more than two sides of A4;
- Enclose an up to date CV explaining your work history;
- To demonstrate your creative side, submit a short and punchy blog on any matter related to tenancy deposits.
Please send your completed application by email to:
- Josanne Leon, Head of Human Resources
- Email: Josanne.Leon@tds.gb.com
Chair – SafeDeposits Scotland Trust
Invitation for Applications
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the SafeDeposits Scotland Trust as Chair, charged with leading the Trust through the next steps in its journey.
SafeDeposits Scotland Limited (SDS) is Scotland’s leading tenancy deposit scheme, approved by the Scottish Government. As part of its constitution, SDS will covenant its free surpluses to the SafeDeposits Scotland Trust, established in 2012 at the same time as the launch of the limited company. As an interim measure, Sir Andrew Cubie, the Chair of SDS, has acted as Chair of the Trust but it is now timely for him to stand down and a new Chair for the Trust to be appointed to ensure greater distance between the Trust and SDS, which he will continue to chair.
While the broad objectives of the Trust have been set as relating to the advancement of best practice in the management of private rented housing through education, the next phase of the Trust’s activity will be to refine the objectives in conjunction with its stakeholders. It is hoped that the new Chair will be actively engaged in this process and thereafter to lead this organisation in the award of grants to third parties.
Whilst it will be for the new Chair to determine the frequency of meetings, it is not envisaged that the Board will require to meet formally more than once per quarter. The Chair will also be required to attend periodic briefings with the Chair and CEO of SDS. The position will be remunerated on a per diem basis, and vouched out of pocket expenses, including travel, will be reimbursed.
- The new Chair will require to have an awareness of issues affecting the property sector in Scotland either in the letting industry or more widely in housing.
- He/she should not currently be too closely linked to any one interest group in the property field.
- Experience in chairing boards in the third, private or public sectors will be an advantage.
- He/she may have experience of being a charity Trustee either in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK, although induction training will be offered.
- Knowledge of the Scottish Government and the wider policy community would be an advantage.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV along with covering letter to the secretary of the Trust, email@example.com who can be contacted on 0141 225 5101. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 1st July 2015.