Join the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Why join the Tenancy
Tenancy Deposit Scheme for LandlordsThe most popular way for landlords to protect deposits with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Protect more than £100,000 of depositsProtect a high value of deposits with TDS Corporate Landlord membership
TDS for Unipol Landlords
Why join the Tenancy Deposit Scheme?
- No joining fee, no admin fee, and market leading rates from the only not-for-profit scheme
- Outstanding service from the Tenancy Deposit Service of the Year 2012, and holder of the Government Standard for Customer Service Excellence
- Free, impartial dispute resolution by CIArb accredited Adjudicators.
- You hold the deposit
Landlords have four ways to join the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Select from the options on the left which best suits your needs.
Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Landlords
Price per tenancy inc vat
For RLA members
There are no other joining or administration charges. Join online and protect your deposits straight away.
Join direct with TDS
The Tenancy Deposit Scheme for Landlords is an online service which can you join now in a few easy steps. Read the membership requirements checklist, and click the button below to get started.
Join TDS through the RLA
Members of the Residential Landlords Association can join as a DepositGuard member giving you full TDS deposit protection at preferential rates. If you are an existing member of the RLA, visit the RLA DepositGuard page now to join up.Join now via RLA
Requirements of Membership
- the owner of the property for the deposit you wish to protect?
- Named as the landlord on the relevant Assured Shorthold Tenancy?
- Protecting no more than £100,000 of tenants’ deposits at any one time?
- Domiciled in the UK if registering as a limited company?
Then you are eligible to join us!
Here is what RLA members had to say about DepositGuard:
"I found DepositGuard quick and easy to use and it is a peace of mind for both myself and my tenant."
"Excellent service, very easy to use and they even remind you when a tenancy is ending so you can change it to a periodic tenancy. I would recommend Deposit Guard to any landlord."
Are you protecting more than £100,000 of deposits?
If you have a large property portfolio you can join the Tenancy Deposit Scheme as a Corporate Landlord Member.
For Corporate Landlord Membership you should meet two of the three following criteria:
- Properties are owned by a company and not an individual
- Value of deposits held is over £100,000
- Total assets exceed £25,000,000
Please complete and return the application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
TDS for Unipol Landlords
This is a pay as you go Scheme, available only to landlords that are signed up to the Unipol Code. Click here for more information on joining the Unipol Scheme.